My 1yr contract that i signed up for ended in Feb 2011. They do that automatic billing w/ the credit card. I noticed on my march bill they charged me. I called up and the nasty lady on the phone kept yelling at me that I should have read my contract and too bad. I explained that I would like to cancel then because my husband was recently diagnosed w/ cancer and is not doing well. The lady at customer service continued to be rude and finally said fine and that she would cancel my membership. Unfortunately because I was going through so much w/ my husband I didn't get her name.

They proceeded to bill me. I tried to call the club. The # was no longer in service. I called the credit card company even tried calling. Same result. They put a stop payment for me. I decided to go to the club to resolve this. It was boarded up w/ no note informing their new number and where they went. Yet they continued to bill me.

I called customer service many times and could not get through for weeks. When I finally did they insisted I was informed because the club was telling people of the move. I explained I haven't been to the club because I've been taking care of my dying husband.

In June they sent me a letter saying my membership is canceled as of July. I called again and said no I canceled back in March. They said prove it. Because I didn't have the name of the person I spoke to they said I have pay them for March, April, May, and June.

I wrote to Attorney General and spoke to consumer affair. I would never recommend this place to anyone. They are sneaky and rude and will do anything to squeeze a dollar out of you.

Review about: Lucille Roberts Customer Care.

Comments

Lucille Roberts is indeed a BIG SCAM!!! They debited my account without letting me know even when i paid cash.

The front desk ladies either do not know their job or they are also in on the scam. I was told that I should give 30days notice to cancel since i enrolled in the no-contract membership. However, when i went in to cancel because i was upset with the misinformation given to me, I was told my customer service that i still need to pay for 2 months before i can cancel.

They are big liars..so, 30 days cancellation notice has turned to 60 days notice. I should have read reviews before signing up to this rediculous gym called Lucille ROBBERY.