My friend joined Lucille Roberts on 4/11/2018 and they asked her for 3 friends number so they could take a class with her. They called me and I said I would be able to go on Monday 4/16/2018, that Thursday 4/12/2018 they send me a text message saying they had a one day sale going on for $5 dollars down and $26.99 a month.

I was like wow great deal since my friends membership is $50 dollars a month so I called them, they took all my information over the phone. Due to personal circumstances I need to cancel, so I called them 4/16/2018 and requested to cancel, the girl told me that I would be charged half a month, annual fee $69.99 and $10 dollars extra for some other fee and that she would not be able to do anything unless I went to the Gym personally. I explained to her that I have not been to the gym yet, that I have not used my membership and that it has not even been a week since I joined. She said I need a 45 day cancellation notice, how could that be?

I told her that I have not signed anything yet for her to tell me that. She said I needed to come in to cancel and that they would charge me regardless.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lucille Roberts Membership.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 17.

Comments

Nobody can make you appear physically at a given place or time except the courts. Artificial "requirements" like face to face meetings are baloney ; it is legally acceptable, and wise, to cancel anything in WRITING and served via Certified Mail return receipt requested - you will establish a legal admissible timeline.